Sunday, January 29, 2017

Old Poetry, Pt Deux


AM I AN ISLAND?
They say "No Man is an Island"
  yet surrounded by oceans of liquification
      am I.

My heart breaks, bleeding torrents of water turned red cascading into rivulets of orange.
My eyes weep, gushing forth swirling rivers of blue frothing and churning into indigo.
My soul cries out, spewing fountains of yellow - green - violet, mixing in a multi-colored pool of emotion.

Or maybe...
   I'm just a Rainbow.















©2012, Trina High


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IN THE DEEP END

Drowning in the presence of you,
  in an ocean tugging me
  ever deeper and deeper
  into the vortex,
  threatening to overwhelm my ability
    to breathe,
    to think,
    to be



©2012, Trina High

No comments:

Post a Comment