Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Old Poetry, Pt Trois

NEVER MORE
In a cage,
  My heart restlessly paces,
  trying to escape.
  It screams, it cries, it pleads,

  It makes promises it cannot keep.
    I turn a deaf ear,
    ignoring its implorings,
    for the last time I surrendered,
      it paid a terrible price
      and the wallet now lies empty.


©2013, Trina High

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHICH WAY?













In the forest of my mind,
 A strong oak stands 
  on one path,
   its branches braided together
   in a massive crowning glory.
 There also stands,
  on another path,
   A weeping willow,
   bent over, as if under
   a great weight.
Here stand I,
 at the fork in the road;
  which way shall I proceed?

©2013, Trina High

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SYMPHONIC FOREST


Quietly you walk through the forest of my love, 
    Tapping into the songs of my heart
      wrapped in the tendrils rooting deep into the soft earth,
      releasing a melody of adoration, 
      fertilizing the soil with a chorus done in
        fortissimo


©2013, Trina High

No comments:

Post a Comment